A Retiring Glance At Trade – Past, Present And Future
As my tenure at UK Trade & Investment draws to a close, it’s time for a little reflection…
Join us at emita's premier event of the 2010/11 calendar and we will assist you to explore the Chinese and Indian markets.
But do you know which country offers you the better long term prospects for successful business growth?
Join us at emita's premier event of the 2010/11 calendar and we will assist you to explore the Chinese and Indian markets. Our programme has been designed to give you the ideal opportunity to compare and contrast the two markets and to support you in finding the closest match for your business.
Supported by East Midlands'
The morning will offer a blend of presentations and practical workshops including:
· An insight into where the Chinese and Indian markets are headed over the next 5 years;
· A case study from Trelleborg Industrial AVS, a Leicestershire based company, which has successfully established production facilities and a full technical centre in Shanghai, plus a distribution network and a technology transfer partnership in India;
· An overview of the opportunities for your business in
· A lowdown on the practical challenges of trading in these two markets, together with recommended solutions to overcoming them;
· Tips and advice on how to develop long term relationships with partners and customers in
· An interactive role play focusing on the right and wrong way of conducting business in
In addition, there will be plenty of opportunities to network with fellow exporters, view our exhibition of key partners and to discuss any queries or concerns during one-to-one meetings with our experts. For more details, please see the emita website.
Don't miss out on getting sound practical advice on trading with
09h00 Registration and Refreshments
09h45 Welcome and Introduction
09h50 Where are the Chinese & Indian markets headed over the next
Shujie Yao, Professor of Economics & Chinese Sustainable Development and Head of
Reader in International Business & Economics,
10h30 Case study presentation: Experiences of successfully trading
in the Chinese & Indian markets
Trelleborg Industrial AVS
10h50 Question and Answer Session
11h05 Tea / Coffee
11h30 Workshop Session One (choose one topic from below)
1. Opportunities in
Stewart Ferguson, Head of Research and Consultancy,
China-Britain Business Council, Jesh Rajasingham, Policy and Research Analyst and Neeraj Agarwal, Head of Business Services,
2. The practical challenges of trading with China & India
Jürgen Kracht, Managing Director, Fiducia Management Consultants
Utplava Advisory and Consulting
3. Developing long term relationships with partners and customers in
Neil Barrett, Managing Director, Supply Base Solutions and
Anita Patel, Managing Director, Tania-Tapel Limited
4. An introduction to the right and wrong way of conducting business in
Danni Yan and Dr Chris Iddon, Directors, Wei Lai Enterprises
12h30 Workshop Session Two
Repeat of Workshop Session One
13h30 Close and Networking Lunch