A Retiring Glance At Trade – Past, Present And Future
As my tenure at UK Trade & Investment draws to a close, it’s time for a little reflection…
Gain practical advice on how to enter and develop your business successfully in the UK’s largest European export market.
About the event
Situated in the heart of Europe,
Join us for an evening seminar on Wednesday 25 April to find out how to maximise the opportunities for your business and to gain the support you need to succeed in this highly competitive market.
Sponsored by Midlands Enterprise Europe Network, this event will provide you with:
· The latest market developments and key considerations for doing business in
· An overview of the business opportunities available in a wide range of sectors including, among others, vehicles and automotive components, petroleum and gas, healthcare, aerospace, ICT, chemicals and creative industries.
· Expert advice on the practicalities of overcoming barriers to entry
· An understanding of German business culture and etiquette to assist you to communicate more effectively with your counterparts.
· Practical experience of how Newson Gale Ltd, a Nottinghamshire based company, successfully entered the German market – the challenges they faced and the rewards they enjoy today
Prior to the seminar, there will also be the opportunity to meet on a one to one basis with our guest speaker from the British Consulate General Dusseldorf and our sponsor Challinors Solicitors.
Whether you’re a first time exporter or currently trading overseas and looking for new opportunities, book a place now to gain a better understanding of the potential to grow your business in
17h00 Registration and Light Refreshments
17h30 Welcome and Introduction
17h40 Doing Business in
Sylvia Tunmore, Head of Trade and CCU, British Consulate General
18h00 Route to Market
Wolfgang Dieter, Director, Konduit
18h30 The EEN Trade Mission to Germany Case Study
Christine Turner, Partner, Turner and Co
18h45 Success in the German Market Case Study
Graham Tyers, Managing Director, Newson Gale Ltd
19h00 Q&A and discussion
19h15 Close and networking buffet