emita is pleased to announce Griffin Security Group as July's Member of the Month. You can find out more about this local company below from their CEO, Allan Hildage, including the company’s overseas challenges, international achievements and aspirations for the future.
1. Please provide a company background including when it was established, where it is located, how many staff you employ etc.
The Griffin Security Group was founded in 1994 and its Head Office is located at Balderton Hall, Fernwood, on the side of the A1 near
2. Please provide an overview of the products and services offered and areas of specialisation.
The Group’s core business is to provide independent consultancy, advice, guidance and training to clients in all aspects of Business Protection, including information, IT, personnel and physical security, as well as business continuity, crisis management and disaster recovery. The
3. How did you find out about emita and what benefits do you find the most valuable?
We were first introduced to EMITA through UKT&I and the ‘Passport to Export’ scheme. Being new to exporting we found the advice and networking contacts available through EMITA to be invaluable. In particular, the briefings, seminars and meetings have been especially useful in gaining an insight into market opportunities and learning from the experience of other exporting members.
4. How long has your company been active in the export / import market and which countries do you currently trade with?
5. What made you decide to expand your business overseas?
Having established a successful
6. What has been your biggest exporting / importing challenge?
Our biggest exporting challenge has been balancing the effort and demands required to build a sustainable overseas business whilst at the same time maintaining and properly servicing the needs and requirements of our
7. What’s the most helpful piece of international trade advice you have received?
From the very early days we were constantly advised to undertake comprehensive research into the markets in which were interested in and then research some more! This is the soundest advice that we have received and the investment has reaped us considerable benefit and provided a competitive edge and saved us some potentially very-costly mistakes.
8. What does the future hold? Any particular markets you are looking to target next?
Our diversity into overseas areas has helped us sustain the business momentum through difficult market times in the