New Chairman For Emita
Nottingham's Susan Hallam, explains why rising exports from the region doesn’t mean we can reduce our efforts.
1 October 2010
Andrew has extensive experience of working with the French on behalf of Leicester based clients and this has led him to believe that there may be potential benefits to other Leicestershire businesses, by creating a network of professionals and entrepreneurs who were already connected in some way to France, or who would like to do business with France.
The Chambre de Commerce Francaise de Grande
With Leicestershire less than an hour from the Eurostar terminus at St Pancras, within easy reach of two International Airports with flights to all major French cities within an hour of Leicester, and with the motorway network running through the middle of it, Leicester is better placed than any other major UK city for French investment.
· Create a network of professionals and entrepreneurs capable of providing advice and expertise to inward investors from
· Create a forum and contacts for exporters to
· Establish a contact network to establish business in
· Provide a business network in Leicestershire and France for all things French
· Develop an arts and cultural programme during a ‘French Week’ in Leicestershire to raise the profile and encourage commercial companies to consider developing links with
We believe that the establishment of a ‘French Week Festival’, including business, schools, universities, arts organisations, local authorities, twinning associations, and others, will put Leicestershire on the map and provide a basis for developing ties with France, its professions, businesses and public and private sector organisations, with a view to meeting the above objectives.
We are forging links in
We have formed a Board of Management comprising members from the Chamber of Commerce, Prospect Leicestershire, Leicestershire Promotions, Businesses, Local Authorities, Universities, and other individual Francophiles.
If you are interested, want to help, or want to learn more, our main contacts for further information are:
· Andrew Taylor, email@example.com , 0116 257 5480 or 07711 798149,
· John Townsend, JohnTownsend@f2s.com, 0116 279 2586
· James Bowie, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0116 254 4773
Correspondence can be addressed to Network